Tuesday 20 December 2016

Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

The post Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers is republished from http://ift.tt/1nr27gs

There are 2 types of people. Those that get mud on their hands and panic, wanting to wipe it on something, but can’t because they’re wearing a snow-white office skirt, and a brown leather vest from Ralph Lauren. And then there are those people that get mud on their hands, wipe it on their several year-old jeans, and 3 seconds later run their fingers through their hair. Read on to check out the differences between country folk vs city dwellers.

Country Folk vs City Dwellers

People who know me probably know what type of person I am. Yeah, that’s right, I’m the muddy-hands-on-jeans type of person. And I’m pretty dang proud of it!

city-vs-country-stick-figure-and-sign Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

Here are some differences between City People’s lives and Country Folks lives

Let’s start at the very beginning… the morning. Being a city person, your alarm probably wakes you up. As fast as possible, you must get dressed, gather all your things for the day, and off you go flying through your door, checking your watch constantly making sure you’re on time.

And then a couples miles away from the city of rushing people, traffic of yellow taxis, and tall sky-scrapers, there are fields and fields of carrots, cabbage and potatoes. The people living here are homesteaders and farmers. Their day starts with the coo-ka-rikoo of a rooster. And then the more fortunate homesteaders just wake up when they feel like it. The sun rises at 5 am in the summer, so they get up. The sun rises at 9 in the winter, so they get up. Time doesn’t always matter if you are a homesteader. They just gotta make sure that they finish all they gotta do before the sun sets!

Now, what do city people and country folks do all day?

City people, sit in their offices all day: click, click, click, click goes their computer mouse. Shred, shred, shred goes their shredder. Honk, beep, honk they hear outside the window…and the occasional ye’haw from a country song on the radio. We, farm folks, don’t sit ’round all day long, we work, work, work. And by “work” I don’t mean do taxes at a desk. I mean hard labor work, ya know: digging, plowing, planting, canning, collecting milk from goats and cows, and so on.

people-working-in-office Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

people-working-in-office Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

VS

woman-working-in-garden-with-daughter Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

woman-working-in-garden-with-daughter Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

Thinking like a city person, when it comes to dinner, I’d probably grab some take-out sushi. Or maybe make some quick and easy pasta with store bought sauce. Am I right? And when you read the label on the sauce, you think that the hundred ingredients on the list is normal. Speaking of which, let me tell you a little story.

As many of you know, I’m a full-on homesteader. I buy only about 10% of the food we eat, the rest I grow or make myself. A couple years back, when I traveled to California for a week to my friends’ house, they sent me to the shop to get some sauce. “Well okay,” I thought, “they buy sauces here I guess.” She told me to get “low-fat” sauce. She laughed when she saw my face after she said that. I was just surprised… I haven’t heard about Low-Fat products for the longest time! So, at the store, I managed to find the low fat sauce. I turned it over to look at the ingredients list. And I was shocked! There were over 30 different ingredients! When I showed this to my friend she told me that it’s normal. But I was still curious- why add gluten and cornstarch and dye #4 to sauce?

store-bought-can-of-pasta-sauce Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

store-bought-can-of-pasta-sauce Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

VS

homemade-past-sauce-and-pasta Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

homemade-past-sauce-and-pasta Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

Anyway, the point is, city people and farm people eat foods that are entirely different! We eat foods that are handmade and simple, while city people eat foods that are mass-produced and unnecessarily fancy.

If people visit my house, they often think it’s old looking. But I just call it country style. Yes, the cupboards are scratched and have some dried stuff on them, but I don’t care because it’s real teak, and I ain’t replacing that with synthetic wood. The floors are a bit scratched, but that’s the dog’s fault. And without a dog, what kind of homestead would it be? Sure, yes, maybe the bed sheets look like they’re from the 90s, but c’mon…why get new bed sheets that look like they’re antique, if you have real antique ones. Am I right or am I right?

Whether you are a country folk or a city person, try switching for a day or two and experience the many changes. Trust me, you’ll have fun!

Did you like our post on country folk vs city dwellers? Let us know in the comment section below!

Follow us onInstagram,Twitter,Pinterest, andFacebook!

SubscribeSubscribe

If you’re looking for some “Country Living” insight, check out these fantastic products!

Suggested Videos

This Article Was Found On pioneersettler.com Read the Original Article

Read Full Article Here: Homesteads and Skyscrapers | Country Folk vs City Dwellers

No comments:

Post a Comment